DGSA Course & Exam for 2017
Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser Qualification and Training
Register now for the 2017 DGSA course and exam!
Monday, March 6 to Friday, March 10 – followed by the exams on Saturday, March 11
Within Europe, to comply with the European Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) and/or national regulations, many shippers, carriers and other businesses involved in the transport of dangerous goods by road must appoint a qualified Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA).
The DGSA has 3 main duties:
- monitoring compliance with dangerous goods transport regulations
- advising their business on the transport of dangerous goods
- preparing an annual report on dangerous goods transport activities
The DGSA is also responsible for:
- monitoring dangerous goods safety procedures and practices within the business
- investigating and compiling reports on any accidents or emergencies
- advising on the potential security aspects of transport
To qualify as a DGSA it is necessary to:
- undertake training
- pass an approved written examination
- obtain a vocational training certificate
Within the UK, the Department for Transport approves the mandatory DGSA exams.
It has appointed the Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) as its agent. The SQA administers the DGSA exam for the whole of the UK and issues vocational training certificates to successful candidates.
The certificate is recognized throughout Europe by all ADR contacting countries.
Although this requirement does not apply within the United States, many dangerous goods professionals in the US find that having a DGSA qualification is invaluable in developing relationships with their European counterparts.
DGAC has arranged with the SQA to offer the UK DGSA exam within the United States for anyone who wants to obtain this accreditation without the time and costs involved in travelling to Europe.
We will provide a comprehensive training course to help prepare candidates for the DGSA exam. We have also organized the schedule so that the exam immediately follows the training. This saves candidates the time and expense of making two separate trips for the training and exam.
DGSA training will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Houston, TX on Monday, March 6 – Friday, March 10, followed by the exam on Saturday, March 11.